Raising his pitch for active participation of voters in elections, BJP patriarch LK Advani on Saturday appealed to the Election Commission to consider debarring those voters from exercising their right to franchise who have failed to cast their vote in previous poll.
Addressing a public meeting at Thandla, about 40 km from here, Advani said, “There are some countries in world where fine is imposed on those who do not vote.”
“Though I would not like any fine to be imposed in India, but want that if someone does not cast his vote in election he should not be allowed to vote in next election,” Advani said, adding that he has written to Election Commission in this regard.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Advani appealed to people to exercise their right to franchise without fail. “People must be aware of their right to vote and should exercise this right every election.”
Speaking on the occasion, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan appealed to people to vote for BJP nominee from Ratlam-Jhabua constituency, Dilip Singh Bhuria.