Raising his pitch for active participation of voters in elections, BJP patriarch LK Advani on Saturday appealed to the Election Commission to consider debarring those voters from exercising their right to franchise who have failed to cast their vote in previous poll.
Addressing a public meeting at Thandla, about 40 km from here, Advani said, “There are some countries in world where fine is imposed on those who do not vote.”
“Though I would not like any fine to be imposed in India, but want that if someone does not cast his vote in election he should not be allowed to vote in next election,” Advani said, adding that he has written to Election Commission in this regard.
Advani appealed to people to exercise their right to franchise without fail. “People must be aware of their right to vote and should exercise this right every election.”
Speaking on the occasion, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan appealed to people to vote for BJP nominee from Ratlam-Jhabua constituency, Dilip Singh Bhuria.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More