The personal wealth of BJP’s veteran leader LK Advani, who filed his nomination papers from Gandhinagar constituency on Saturday, has doubled during the last five years.
Advani and his wife Kamla total assets currently stand at Rs 7.59 crore, up from Rs 3.73 crore in 2009 when he had last filed his nomination papers from the same seat.
Though the saffron party’s leader currently has Rs 25,000 “cash-in-hand”, his deposits in banks and other financial institutions stand at Rs 97.23 lakh, which includes over Rs 11 lakh in his election bank account. In 2009, Advani had Rs 67.56 lakh in his bank accounts.
Meanwhile, Kamla Advani — described as house wife in the affidavit — has seen the money in her account almost double to Rs 64.13 lakh from the Rs 36.56 lakh in 2009. The affidavit mentions that Kamal Advani has an annual income of 25.68 lakh, while Advani’s income is Rs 29.70 lakh.
However, the Advani couple do not own a motor vehicle, nor do they have any investments in bonds or equities. In 2009, Kamla Advani had held 500 shares of Daurala Organics Ltd. There has been no addition of the amount of jewellery jointly held by Advani and his wife (115 tolas) during the last five year-period; but the value of jewellery held by them has risen.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Similar has been the case as far as their immovable property is concerned. Advani has not added any new property to the two flats (in Gurgaon) and a plot (in Gandhinagar) that he already owned. However the prices of these properties have more than doubled in the last five years.
Interestingly, Advani’s postal address mentioned in the affidavit is the same as the BJP’s office in Khanpur which was the party’s headquarters till recently. Advani has also mentioned his email id and his social media account in his affidavit. Advani has also mentioned that he has a pending case related to Babri Masjid demolition in 1992 in Uttar Pradesh.