The personal wealth of BJP’s veteran leader LK Advani, who filed his nomination papers from Gandhinagar constituency on Saturday, has doubled during the last five years.
Advani and his wife Kamla total assets currently stand at Rs 7.59 crore, up from Rs 3.73 crore in 2009 when he had last filed his nomination papers from the same seat.
Though the saffron party’s leader currently has Rs 25,000 “cash-in-hand”, his deposits in banks and other financial institutions stand at Rs 97.23 lakh, which includes over Rs 11 lakh in his election bank account. In 2009, Advani had Rs 67.56 lakh in his bank accounts.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Meanwhile, Kamla Advani — described as house wife in the affidavit — has seen the money in her account almost double to Rs 64.13 lakh from the Rs 36.56 lakh in 2009. The affidavit mentions that Kamal Advani has an annual income of 25.68 lakh, while Advani’s income is Rs 29.70 lakh.
However, the Advani couple do not own a motor vehicle, nor do they have any investments in bonds or equities. In 2009, Kamla Advani had held 500 shares of Daurala Organics Ltd. There has been no addition of the amount of jewellery jointly held by Advani and his wife (115 tolas) during the last five year-period; but the value of jewellery held by them has risen.
Similar has been the case as far as their immovable property is concerned. Advani has not added any new property to the two flats (in Gurgaon) and a plot (in Gandhinagar) that he already owned. However the prices of these properties have more than doubled in the last five years.
Interestingly, Advani’s postal address mentioned in the affidavit is the same as the BJP’s office in Khanpur which was the party’s headquarters till recently. Advani has also mentioned his email id and his social media account in his affidavit. Advani has also mentioned that he has a pending case related to Babri Masjid demolition in 1992 in Uttar Pradesh.