3.45 pm: Anandiben Patel announced as Narendra Modi’s successor.
3.30 pm: Narendra Modi resigns as Gujarat Chief Minister; submits resignation papers to state Governor Kamla Beniwal.
12. 15 pm: Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela says Modi’s journey to Delhi was via Godhra. “Like Morarji Desia, who was Godhra collector, Modi was pracharak in Godhra and Vadodara” said Vaghela and added: “There was 2002 also but I do not want to mention it now in the House”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
12.08 pm: Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela praises Narendra Modi, says: “People have voted for you with immense expectations. You will not be the PM of BJP but the PM of entire India.”
11.50 am: It is a day of pride for Gujarat that a son of Gujarat will be the PM of India: Anandiben Patel.
11.40 am: Narendra Modi invites the heads of all SAARC nations for his swearing-in ceremony on May 26: Reports.
11.00 am: In a rare gesture, Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela, who is also Modi’ s colleague in RSS, welcomed Modi with a shawl. In return, Modi hugged Vaghela.
10.30 am: An hour before special session to bid farewell to Gujarat CM was to begin at 11 am, one of seven visitors gallery was filled up by the top industrial business leaders. Industry captains present included Parimal Nathwani, Pankaj Patel of Zydus Cadilla, Sudhir Mehta of Torrent Group, Sanjay Lalbhai of Arvind Mills, Piruz Khambhata of Rasna, Rajiv Modi of Cadila Pharma, Tejal Amin of Jyoti Limited, Chintan Parikh of Ashima Group, Bhagyesh Soneji of ASSOCHAM Gujarat.
10.10 am: Aam Aadmi Party convenor and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday apologised to the people of Delhi for quitting as he said that the party will begin a campaign for a re-poll.
“People of Delhi are annoyed with us that we quit. They thought that they were left in lurch. We made a mistake and apologise to them,” said Kejriwal. READ FULL STORY HERE
I am impressed by @narendramodi ‘s conciliatory&inclusive statements. We must ensure he lives up2them&works4 for the benefit of ALL Indians
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) May 21, 2014
My homage to former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 21, 2014
8.30 am: Narendra Modi will put in his papers as Chief Minister of Gujarat on Wednesday after heading the state for over 12 years. Modi, who was appointed Prime Minister of the country today by President Pranab Mukherjee, will also resign as member of Gujarat legislative Assembly tomorrow. Before tendering his resignation to Governor Kamla Beniwal, Modi will attend a special session of the state legislative Assembly where he will be accorded a farewell by the members.