3.45 pm: Anandiben Patel announced as Narendra Modi’s successor.
3.30 pm: Narendra Modi resigns as Gujarat Chief Minister; submits resignation papers to state Governor Kamla Beniwal.
12. 15 pm: Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela says Modi’s journey to Delhi was via Godhra. “Like Morarji Desia, who was Godhra collector, Modi was pracharak in Godhra and Vadodara” said Vaghela and added: “There was 2002 also but I do not want to mention it now in the House”
12.08 pm: Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela praises Narendra Modi, says: “People have voted for you with immense expectations. You will not be the PM of BJP but the PM of entire India.”
11.50 am: It is a day of pride for Gujarat that a son of Gujarat will be the PM of India: Anandiben Patel.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
11.40 am: Narendra Modi invites the heads of all SAARC nations for his swearing-in ceremony on May 26: Reports.
11.00 am: In a rare gesture, Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela, who is also Modi’ s colleague in RSS, welcomed Modi with a shawl. In return, Modi hugged Vaghela.
10.30 am: An hour before special session to bid farewell to Gujarat CM was to begin at 11 am, one of seven visitors gallery was filled up by the top industrial business leaders. Industry captains present included Parimal Nathwani, Pankaj Patel of Zydus Cadilla, Sudhir Mehta of Torrent Group, Sanjay Lalbhai of Arvind Mills, Piruz Khambhata of Rasna, Rajiv Modi of Cadila Pharma, Tejal Amin of Jyoti Limited, Chintan Parikh of Ashima Group, Bhagyesh Soneji of ASSOCHAM Gujarat.
10.10 am: Aam Aadmi Party convenor and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday apologised to the people of Delhi for quitting as he said that the party will begin a campaign for a re-poll.
“People of Delhi are annoyed with us that we quit. They thought that they were left in lurch. We made a mistake and apologise to them,” said Kejriwal. READ FULL STORY HERE
I am impressed by @narendramodi ‘s conciliatory&inclusive statements. We must ensure he lives up2them&works4 for the benefit of ALL Indians
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) May 21, 2014
My homage to former PM Shri Rajiv Gandhi on his death anniversary.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 21, 2014
8.30 am: Narendra Modi will put in his papers as Chief Minister of Gujarat on Wednesday after heading the state for over 12 years. Modi, who was appointed Prime Minister of the country today by President Pranab Mukherjee, will also resign as member of Gujarat legislative Assembly tomorrow. Before tendering his resignation to Governor Kamla Beniwal, Modi will attend a special session of the state legislative Assembly where he will be accorded a farewell by the members.