Here are the highlights of Modi’s rally in Meerut:
3.15 pm: Launching his attack against Congress, Modi says, “Congress is a divisive party as it relies on communal disharmony. It believes in divide and rule and in votebank politics.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
3.10 pm: Modi responds to Sonia’s ‘poison jibe’. “If power is poison, who were the ones that held position of power the most? So who has tasted poison the most?” questions Modi.
3.07 pm: Modi takes on Congress as he says Congressmen do not want to answer crucial questions. “When they are asked one question, they answer something else,” Modi adds.
3.00 pm: Modi rakes up death of Northeast student in Delhi, launches attack on Sonia Gandhi. “Death of Northeast student is unfortunate and very serious matter. Madam Soniaji, a youth from Arunachal Pradesh was attacked and killed under your nose,” he says.
“Why can’t students from North East get houses easily?” questions Modi as he says: “Northeast is part of our country and we should ensure best of facilities for them.”
2.55 pm: In Meerut, Narendra Modi promises a riot-free Uttar Pradesh. “Gujarat is free of riots. We have to make Uttar Pradesh riot free. We have to free this state from violence and killings. I assure you, we will give you a violence-free Uttar Pradesh,” Modi says.
2.50 pm: Narendra Modi targets Akhilesh Yadav, says UP government is corrupt. “Samajwadi Party is a ‘Samajvirodhi Party’. Women in Uttar Pradesh are unsafe under SP rule,” Modi says.
2.45 pm: Such is the plight of Uttar Pradesh, that power supply in the state is the news, not the power failure. “Gujarat gets electricity for 24 days and 365 days and many people cannot believe it,” says Narendra Modi.
2.40 pm: Meerut is seen as one of the fastest growing cities in India.
2.30 pm: Modi remembers the bravehearts of freedom struggle. Modi slams Congress for insulting the the martyrs of the 1857 revolt by not giving them due recognition. “If the nation knew the truth of 1857, they would lose faith over the Congress,” he says.