Leaders cutting across party lines Thursday took time out from their hectic election campaign to condemn the twin bomb blasts inside Bangalore-Guwahati Express at Chennai Central railway station that killed one and left 14 others injured.
Calling it an act of terror, Rashtriya Janata Dal President Lalu Prasad said safety for everybody should be ensured.
“The blast in Chennai is a terror attack. It is a very sad incident and should be condemned by all. Safety for all should be ensured first in the country,” Prasad said on way to address public meetings in Ujiarpur, Saran and Maharajganj constituencies.
On the other hand, expressing grief over the blast, BJP Spokesperson Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said his party will counter the terror activities in the country once it comes to power.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The blast is a very sad event. Terrorism has raised its head in the country. We will catch hold of its head once we come to power. BJP will fight terrorism once Narendra Modi becomes Prime Minister,” Hussain said.
The BJP spokesperson also condemned the UPA government for its failure in countering terror activities in the country.
“This government (UPA government) remains awake for four days and then sleeps for eight days. Terrorists take advantage of this situation. There could have been a bigger incident than this due to the central government’s negligence,” Hussain added.