Alleging that the Opposition was exaggerating incidents related to law and order, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said his party “did not take political mileage out of murders and disputes”.
Rejecting the Opposition’s criticism of the government over the prevailing law and order situation in the state, the Chief Minister said in the Assembly that “it was being exaggerated by my opponents”.
“My party did not take political mileage out of murders and disputes… The state government extended relief to the Muzaffarnagar riots victims with good intentions,” he said while replying to the three-day debate on the Governor’s address in the Assembly.
Yadav said the National Human Rights Commission “has expressed satisfaction” over the relief works, and his government had presented its stand firmly in the Supreme Court in this connection.
The Chief Minister claimed that most of the promises made by his party in its poll manifesto had been fulfilled in less than two years of his government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The Samajwadi Party government has implemented promises made in its manifesto… It has also taken concrete steps in the field of development and has made every effort to ensure funds are used on development,” Yadav said.
Taking note of the opposition charges that his party was getting publicity on government money by putting up pictures of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on laptops being distributed to students, the CM said it was because his government was drawing inspiration from Mulayam and he always thought about the betterment of the youth.
“This picture has been put up so that the people know that SP is not against English and computers,” he said.