Alleging that the Opposition was exaggerating incidents related to law and order, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said his party “did not take political mileage out of murders and disputes”.
Rejecting the Opposition’s criticism of the government over the prevailing law and order situation in the state, the Chief Minister said in the Assembly that “it was being exaggerated by my opponents”.
“My party did not take political mileage out of murders and disputes… The state government extended relief to the Muzaffarnagar riots victims with good intentions,” he said while replying to the three-day debate on the Governor’s address in the Assembly.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Yadav said the National Human Rights Commission “has expressed satisfaction” over the relief works, and his government had presented its stand firmly in the Supreme Court in this connection.
The Chief Minister claimed that most of the promises made by his party in its poll manifesto had been fulfilled in less than two years of his government.
“The Samajwadi Party government has implemented promises made in its manifesto… It has also taken concrete steps in the field of development and has made every effort to ensure funds are used on development,” Yadav said.
Taking note of the opposition charges that his party was getting publicity on government money by putting up pictures of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on laptops being distributed to students, the CM said it was because his government was drawing inspiration from Mulayam and he always thought about the betterment of the youth.
“This picture has been put up so that the people know that SP is not against English and computers,” he said.