Concerned over the spate of rapes and killings in Uttar Pradesh, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Thursday said that the Centre was closely watching the situation but pointed out that law and order was primarily the state government’s responsibility.
If such incidents have taken place in UP, it means there is some problems in the state and the state government must ponder over it, Rijiju said.
“It is a matter of concern if incidents of violence have taken place in any state. (But) we will not interfere in it as law and order is a state subject,” he told reporters here.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The minister, however, said that if such cases are not checked, the central government would have to see what can be done.
“We can seek reports and guide them if necessary. Things are not going well in UP and the state government should attend to (the problem). We are on the ground and keeping watch on everything,” he said.
Rijiju was replying to questions regarding the murder of two BJP leaders and incidents of rape and killings in the recent past in Uttar Pradesh.