- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Lalu Prasad’s daughter Misa Bharti gets bail in election model code violation case
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad’s eldest daughter Misa Bharti, who is the party’s candidate for the Patliputra parliamentary seat, on Saturday received bail in a model code violation case.
In-charge Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Danapur, Vijay Krishna Singh granted bail to Misa Bharti. She was booked on March 10 for holding a road show without prior permission of the Danapur Sub Divisional Officer.
Her selection as RJD candidate from Patliputra led to resignation of senior party leader and Rajya Sabha member Ramkripal Yadav from the party.
He joined the BJP and was given ticket for the Patliputra seat where elections will be held on April 17.