- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- Obama visit and Kejriwal's R-Day non-invite shroud Delhi elections
- Where power flows through water pipelines
- Money is all city prospers in
Lalu Prasad Yadav welcomes Bukhari’s appeal, slams BJP, RSS
RJD President Lalu Prasad today welcomed Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari’s appeal to the Muslims to vote for his party and Congress, and demanded a ban on both the BJP and RSS.
“Imam Bukhari has made a patriotic appeal to save the nation. We are seeing divisive forces gaining in the country and his appeal will help counter it. We must unite against the communal forces,” Prasad told reporters here.
“BJP and RSS should be banned. They always speak communal language and stoke fire against peace and harmony,” he said.
The RJD chief recounted the demolition of Babri Masjid and subsequent riots in various states and said he had always spoken against the BJP, RSS combine.
Bukhari had yesterday appealed to the Muslims to support the Congress in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections so that communalism in the country could be checked.
The Imam also asked them to vote for RJD in Bihar and Trinamool Congress in West Bengal.
The Congress and the RJD are fighting in alliance in Bihar in the current Lok Sabha polls.