RJD President Lalu Prasad today welcomed Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari’s appeal to the Muslims to vote for his party and Congress, and demanded a ban on both the BJP and RSS.
“Imam Bukhari has made a patriotic appeal to save the nation. We are seeing divisive forces gaining in the country and his appeal will help counter it. We must unite against the communal forces,” Prasad told reporters here.
“BJP and RSS should be banned. They always speak communal language and stoke fire against peace and harmony,” he said.
The RJD chief recounted the demolition of Babri Masjid and subsequent riots in various states and said he had always spoken against the BJP, RSS combine.
Bukhari had yesterday appealed to the Muslims to support the Congress in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections so that communalism in the country could be checked.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Imam also asked them to vote for RJD in Bihar and Trinamool Congress in West Bengal.
The Congress and the RJD are fighting in alliance in Bihar in the current Lok Sabha polls.