Attacking Narendra Modi’s close confidant and former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah over his Azamgarh comment, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Tuesday called him a ‘terrorist’.
“Amit Shah is a terrorist. He is the right hand man of Narendra Modi and behind riots in Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar. These are people who will burn the country through communal violence. They have lost ground and are hence showing their true colours now,” Prasad told reporters.
The RJD chief was reacting to Shah calling Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh a ‘base of terrorists’ — a comment which has triggered furious reactions from political parties opposed to BJP. They are demanding that the Election Commission take action on this issue.
Prasad also deplored the use of pictures of Lord Ram at Modi’s public meeting at Faizabad, which is close to Ayodhya. “This is a ploy to communalise the poll environment there.”
“Modi or BJP have nothing to do with Ram or Rahim. They want to communalise the poll environment there. There is nothing new in this as they have been resorting to this for several years now. It’s a shame that they are using people in the garb of ‘sadhus’ (monks) to solicit votes,” added Prasad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On Modi’s ‘challenge’ to EC to take action against him, Prasad said this his frustration and acceptance of defeat in the ongoing parliamentary elections.