- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
Lalu Prasad Yadav calls Amit Shah a ‘terrorist’
Attacking Narendra Modi’s close confidant and former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah over his Azamgarh comment, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Tuesday called him a ‘terrorist’.
“Amit Shah is a terrorist. He is the right hand man of Narendra Modi and behind riots in Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar. These are people who will burn the country through communal violence. They have lost ground and are hence showing their true colours now,” Prasad told reporters.
The RJD chief was reacting to Shah calling Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh a ‘base of terrorists’ — a comment which has triggered furious reactions from political parties opposed to BJP. They are demanding that the Election Commission take action on this issue.
Prasad also deplored the use of pictures of Lord Ram at Modi’s public meeting at Faizabad, which is close to Ayodhya. “This is a ploy to communalise the poll environment there.”
“Modi or BJP have nothing to do with Ram or Rahim. They want to communalise the poll environment there. There is nothing new in this as they have been resorting to this for several years now. It’s a shame that they are using people in the garb of ‘sadhus’ (monks) to solicit votes,” added Prasad.
On Modi’s ‘challenge’ to EC to take action against him, Prasad said this his frustration and acceptance of defeat in the ongoing parliamentary elections.