- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
Lalu Prasad slams Mulayam Singh Yadav for rape remarks
RJD President Lalu Prasad on Thursday slammed Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav for his controversial statement on rapists and said he was for strong punishment for the perpetrators of such heinous crime.
“He (Yadav) seems to have lost his mental balance,” he told reporters here reacting to the statement of his SP counterpart on rape.
The RJD chief said Yadav seemed to be “under influence of something he consumed before making such irresponsible statement”. At an election rally in Moradabad on Thursday, Yadav had said, “Boys are boys. Mistakes happen sometimes” for which they should not be hanged.
“There is no place for rapists in the society. They deserve strong punishment,” Prasad said at Patna Airport before flying to Patliputra constituency to campaign for his daughter Misa Bharti.