- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Lalu Prasad performs ‘jaimal’ with Rabri Devi
RJD chief Lalu Prasad has exchanged garlands with Rabri Devi publicly at an election meeting in a symbolic handover of his fortress Saran to his wife to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
Speaking in Bhojpuri, Lalu at the meeting on Friday said since he married at an early age in the 70’s and there was no ritual of ‘jaimal’ (exchange of garlands) at that time he was doing it now.
With his younger son Tej Pratap also on the dais the people broke into laughter at the meeting at Raipura in Garkha block of Saran district.
Prasad, who has been disqualified as Lok Sabha member and barred from contesting elections for 11 years after conviction in a fodder scam case, has fielded Rabri Devi from the Saran seat.
Rabri was earlier made Bihar chief minister when Prasad went to jail in 1997 in a fodder scam case.
The RJD chief, out on bail at present, has given RJD ticket to his eldest daughter Misa Bharti for the Yadav dominated Parliamentary constituency seat in Patna district.
Prasad had lost the Patliputra seat in 2009 at the hands of his friend-turned foe Ranjan Yadav.
Allocation of the Patliputra seat to daughter Misa led to revolt by Prasad’s man’s Friday Ramkripal Yadav, who has resigned from all party posts.