Amid indications that its ally LJP was moving towards BJP, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Monday reached out to Ram Vilas Paswan, saying he should not join “communal forces”.
Prasad made the appeal to Paswan after his efforts to reach him went in vain. He said LJP’s anguish over numbers of seats being offered to it by RJD and Congress was not a “big deal” as talks among them were still on.
“He is a nice man, decent man. I don’t know who is misleading him. I want to appeal to him through you that he should not join communal forces (BJP) which will destroy this country,” Prasad told reporters.
The former Bihar chief minister, whose party is fighting for survival after suffering electoral reverses in previous elections, said he was hopeful of an alliance with him. “LJP and RJD should work together to save the nation,” he said.
He played down LJP’s concerns that its talks with RJD and Congress were heading nowhere. Prasad said he had made every effort to contact Paswan
after reading reports on the possible LJP-BJP alliance but failed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I just called up his home. His PS says he does does not know where Paswan is. What kind of PA he is who does not know the whereabouts of his boss?” he asked.