Amid indications that its ally LJP was moving towards BJP, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Monday reached out to Ram Vilas Paswan, saying he should not join “communal forces”.
Prasad made the appeal to Paswan after his efforts to reach him went in vain. He said LJP’s anguish over numbers of seats being offered to it by RJD and Congress was not a “big deal” as talks among them were still on.
“He is a nice man, decent man. I don’t know who is misleading him. I want to appeal to him through you that he should not join communal forces (BJP) which will destroy this country,” Prasad told reporters.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The former Bihar chief minister, whose party is fighting for survival after suffering electoral reverses in previous elections, said he was hopeful of an alliance with him. “LJP and RJD should work together to save the nation,” he said.
He played down LJP’s concerns that its talks with RJD and Congress were heading nowhere. Prasad said he had made every effort to contact Paswan
after reading reports on the possible LJP-BJP alliance but failed.
“I just called up his home. His PS says he does does not know where Paswan is. What kind of PA he is who does not know the whereabouts of his boss?” he asked.