RJD chief Lalu Prasad and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar will share dais on Monday at Hajipur and Mohiuddinagar, two of 10 Assembly segments in Bihar where bypolls will be held on August 21. This will be the first time in 20 years that the two top leaders will be sharing a platform for election campaigning.
Nitish and Lalu had last shared the dais in 1993, a few months before Nitish parted ways with Lalu to join Samata Party.
Nitish and Lalu will travel to the venues in separate vehicles. After sharing the dais at Hajipur, the two leaders will join for one-on-one meeting for the first time to chalk out the election strategy.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
JD(U) has fielded Rajendra Rai against BJP’s Awadhesh Singh Patel. The seat has been won by the BJP four times in a row. With Hajipur having a sizeable Yadav, Koeri-Kurmi and Dalit population, the JD (U) is taking it an experiment to know how its alliance with the RJD can work in future.
After the Hajipur meet, the two leaders will move to Mohiuddinagar, which was won by the RJD last time.
RJD spokesperson Mrityunjay Kumar Tiwari confirmed the joint meet of the two leaders. “They will again share the dais at Chhapra, Narkatiaganj and Mohania on August 17 when they will travel together in a helicopter,” said Tiwari.
The Congress is contesting Narkatiaganj and Bhagalpur as part of grand alliance with RJD and JD(U).