RJD chief Lalu Prasad and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar will share dais on Monday at Hajipur and Mohiuddinagar, two of 10 Assembly segments in Bihar where bypolls will be held on August 21. This will be the first time in 20 years that the two top leaders will be sharing a platform for election campaigning.
Nitish and Lalu had last shared the dais in 1993, a few months before Nitish parted ways with Lalu to join Samata Party.
Nitish and Lalu will travel to the venues in separate vehicles. After sharing the dais at Hajipur, the two leaders will join for one-on-one meeting for the first time to chalk out the election strategy.
JD(U) has fielded Rajendra Rai against BJP’s Awadhesh Singh Patel. The seat has been won by the BJP four times in a row. With Hajipur having a sizeable Yadav, Koeri-Kurmi and Dalit population, the JD (U) is taking it an experiment to know how its alliance with the RJD can work in future.
After the Hajipur meet, the two leaders will move to Mohiuddinagar, which was won by the RJD last time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
RJD spokesperson Mrityunjay Kumar Tiwari confirmed the joint meet of the two leaders. “They will again share the dais at Chhapra, Narkatiaganj and Mohania on August 17 when they will travel together in a helicopter,” said Tiwari.
The Congress is contesting Narkatiaganj and Bhagalpur as part of grand alliance with RJD and JD(U).