- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Lalu is a ‘rental’ player of Congress: Nitish Kumar
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday took a potshot at his rival Lalu Prasad saying he was a “rental” player of Congress, and considering past record of his RJD, nobody could trust him.
“Lalu Prasad is a rental player of Congress,” Kumar said addressing an election rally at Madhubani in support of JD(U) candidate Gulam Gaus.
Considering the “dark” past of RJD, nobody could trust him, Kumar said taking a jibe at his political rival who has been claiming support of the people for RJD and Congress in the Lok Sabha polls in Bihar.
It took eight years to undo the damage done to Bihar under RJD rule and bring the state on the path of development, he said.
“Will anyone like to return to those dark days when people could not venture out of home after sunset?” he asked the audience and highlighted change in the state where people could roam freely even at night.
Prasad has been making rounds of different constituencies in the state to seek votes for RJD-Congress alliance candidates.
Kumar also came down heavily on his old ally BJP over hate speeches made by its leaders in order to “communally polarise” voters.
The Bihar CM highlighted developmental works done by his government and sought people’s support for its continuation.