Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Friday favoured US-style public debate between main competing candidates for the post of Prime Minister in India.
“Instead of rallies by different political parties, the Election Commission should organise discussions between main contenders for the post of Prime Minister in particular election,” Advani said while addressing an election rally in favor of BJP’s Almora LS candidate Ajay Tamta in Pithoragarh.
The veteran BJP leader said, “had this system adopted in the country right after the first general elections, the Indian democracy would have strengthened.”
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
He counted construction of golden quadrilateral and creation of three states of Uttarakhand, Chattisgarh and Jharkhand as achievements of NDA government under leadership of former prime minister Atal Bijari Vajpayee.
Advani said the NDA’s vision of solving water crisis by interlinking the rivers could not be followed up by UPA governments.