UNION minister and Congress leader Veerappa Moily claimed that former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy decided to challenge him in Chikkaballapur as the JD(S) leader failed to find a buyer for the seat. “I suspect Kumaraswamy did not receive the right price to sell the Chikaballapur ticket,” he said.
The petroleum minister’s allegation comes in the wake of local JD(S) workers asking Kumaraswamy whether he was given Rs 100 crore by an oil company to stay away from Chikkaballapur. Facing allegations of selling party tickets, the JD(S) leader had also rubbished claims that he “sold” the ticket for the Kolar seat to a realtor for Rs 25 crore.
According to Moily, the former CM is contesting against him because he does not have an option. “He (Kumaraswamy) has vacated every seat that he has lost. Here also, he will meet the same fate. I am confident of winning,’’ Moily said.
The minister also rejected reports that people in his constituency were alienated from him since he rarely interacted with them in the last five years. “I have been visiting my constituency whenever I get time. In the five years, I was available to the people of Chikkballapur on 1,001 days out of the 1,827 days. People have been meeting me directly. I am easily accessible and answer calls by everyone,’’ Moily said.
He also claimed there was no wave of BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi in Karnataka. “The Modi wave is like a white cloud. It can disappear any time. I don’t find any such kind of wave at present. It is BJP’s Goebbels propaganda,’’ he said. Goebbel was German Nazi propaganda minister during Hitler’s reign.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Chikkaballapur constituency, bordering Bangalore city, is all set for a multi-cornered contest with BJP fielding former minister B N Bachegowda and AAP nominating former police officer K Arkesh.
— ( K Chandramohan is a student of EXIMS)