UNION minister and Congress leader Veerappa Moily claimed that former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy decided to challenge him in Chikkaballapur as the JD(S) leader failed to find a buyer for the seat. “I suspect Kumaraswamy did not receive the right price to sell the Chikaballapur ticket,” he said.
The petroleum minister’s allegation comes in the wake of local JD(S) workers asking Kumaraswamy whether he was given Rs 100 crore by an oil company to stay away from Chikkaballapur. Facing allegations of selling party tickets, the JD(S) leader had also rubbished claims that he “sold” the ticket for the Kolar seat to a realtor for Rs 25 crore.
According to Moily, the former CM is contesting against him because he does not have an option. “He (Kumaraswamy) has vacated every seat that he has lost. Here also, he will meet the same fate. I am confident of winning,’’ Moily said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The minister also rejected reports that people in his constituency were alienated from him since he rarely interacted with them in the last five years. “I have been visiting my constituency whenever I get time. In the five years, I was available to the people of Chikkballapur on 1,001 days out of the 1,827 days. People have been meeting me directly. I am easily accessible and answer calls by everyone,’’ Moily said.
He also claimed there was no wave of BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi in Karnataka. “The Modi wave is like a white cloud. It can disappear any time. I don’t find any such kind of wave at present. It is BJP’s Goebbels propaganda,’’ he said. Goebbel was German Nazi propaganda minister during Hitler’s reign.
Chikkaballapur constituency, bordering Bangalore city, is all set for a multi-cornered contest with BJP fielding former minister B N Bachegowda and AAP nominating former police officer K Arkesh.
— ( K Chandramohan is a student of EXIMS)