FIRs have been filed against Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas and a village head following a clash between their supporters here on Friday night even as Congress rejected Vishwas’ allegation that its workers were involved in the violence.
FIRs have been lodged against Vishwas and his 65 supporters and Ishaq Ahmed, the gram pradhan of Sindura village, and his 20 aides for attacking each other at Kamrauli police station, Station officer A P Tewari said.
Congress has rejected the allegations of Vishwas that its party men attacked him and has charged him with spreading anarchy. Rahul Gandhi’s representative Chandrakant Dubey alleged that ever since Vishwas has come to Amethi, he has been trying to “vitiating the atmosphere”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“There have been candidates fielded by other parties before Vishwas but Congressmen have never been accused of clashing with them and because Vishwas is not getting people’s support he is frustrated and indulging in such activities”, Dubey said. He claimed that Congress has nothing to do with yesterday’s violence or the incident that took place earlier in Piparpur police station area. Dubey said that Vishwas is today concerned about the development of Amethi but he should make public his contribution to the constituency till now.
District magistrate Jagatraj said investigations were on into allegations of violation of model code of conduct and aection 144 in Shukl Bazar and Kotwali dehat police station areas by Vishwas.