FIRs have been filed against Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas and a village head following a clash between their supporters here on Friday night even as Congress rejected Vishwas’ allegation that its workers were involved in the violence.
FIRs have been lodged against Vishwas and his 65 supporters and Ishaq Ahmed, the gram pradhan of Sindura village, and his 20 aides for attacking each other at Kamrauli police station, Station officer A P Tewari said.
Congress has rejected the allegations of Vishwas that its party men attacked him and has charged him with spreading anarchy. Rahul Gandhi’s representative Chandrakant Dubey alleged that ever since Vishwas has come to Amethi, he has been trying to “vitiating the atmosphere”.
“There have been candidates fielded by other parties before Vishwas but Congressmen have never been accused of clashing with them and because Vishwas is not getting people’s support he is frustrated and indulging in such activities”, Dubey said. He claimed that Congress has nothing to do with yesterday’s violence or the incident that took place earlier in Piparpur police station area. Dubey said that Vishwas is today concerned about the development of Amethi but he should make public his contribution to the constituency till now.
District magistrate Jagatraj said investigations were on into allegations of violation of model code of conduct and aection 144 in Shukl Bazar and Kotwali dehat police station areas by Vishwas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More