AAP Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas on Tuesday claimed that his wife, sister and other close relatives have been asked by the district administration to leave Amethi failing which they will be detained.
He also alleged that some of his supporters were detained by the police last night.
“Even my wife, sister and close relatives have been asked to vacate Amethi immediately otherwise they may be detained.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
At 11.30 last night, a police vehicle reached my residence and announced over mike that volunteers and relatives, including my wife and sister should leave the district,” Vishwas alleged.
The AAP leader also alleged that in Mohanganj Police Station (under Tiloi Assembly segment) some of his volunteers were “detained” for some hours and their bags thrown away.
Asked if he had lodged any complaint with the Election Commission on the issue, the AAP nominee said, “I will do so”.
District authorities said they were only following rules which mandates that all non-registered voters and supporters of a candidate should leave the constituency after the campaigning has come to an end.
When asked about the matter, District Magistrate of Amethi Jagat Raj Tripathi said, “All this is being done as per the instructions of Election Commission for a fair and peaceful poll.”
Amethi, which goes to the polls tomorrow, is set to witness a high-profile contest. Besides AAP’s Vishwas, Smriti Irani of the BJP is challenging Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.