- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat from a Congress worker
AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas on Friday filed an application with police seeking registration of an FIR against Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and some Congress workers in connection with an alleged threat by a party man.
“We have got an application from Vishwas for lodging an FIR against Rahul, Priyanka, Chandrakant Dubey, Vinod Mishra and other Congress workers. We will examine it and take appropriate action,” Superintendent of Police Hiralal said.
The application filed at Gauriganj police station also names Rahul’s representative Dubey.
When asked about it, Vishwas said that on April 15 during Priyanka Gandhi’s tour, a video of Congress worker Vinod Mishra had been “leaked” in which he allegedly said “Vishwas Rahul bhaiya ke khilaf bol raha hai mai usko goli maar dunga” (Vishwas is talking against Rahul, I will shoot him).”
Vishwas alleged that instead of telling about it to the police, Priyanka called Mishra at the guest house. He said that he would also approach the Election Commission.
“If I am attacked in future, Congress will be responsible for it,” he said.