A day after dropping hints of joining politics, former IPS officer and Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on Wednesday said she was ready to become the BJP’s Chief Ministerial nominee in Delhi if such an offer was made to her.
“I will consider myself to be ready for it if such an offer is made,” she said. The former IPS officer was asked if she would become the BJP’s Chief Ministerial candidate in case of fresh elections in Delhi.
The BJP had projected Harsh Vardhan as the party’s Chief Ministerial candidate in the Assembly polls in December last year. Vardhan has won the Lok Sabha election from Chandni Chowk and there is speculation that Bedi may be considered the BJP’s Chief Ministerial candidate in the next assembly polls.
Bedi, who has been heaping praise on Narendra Modi in the past couple of months, yesterday dropped hints of joining politics. “I no more rule out entering Indian political service on capability basis. I am moving towards some flexibility in this,” she had tweeted.
Bedi, who was part of core team of Anna Hazare during his agitation for a strong Lokpal legislation, has openly been hailing Modi’s leadership saying he could lead the country effectively. “The country seems to be in post-Independence euphoria once again. One of hope, joy, anticipation, anxiety, revival, ethics, merit, gratitude,” she said on Twitter.
On Monday, expelled AAP MLA Vinod Kumar Binny had called upon BJP, AAP and Congress leaders to consider Bedi for the post of Delhi chief minister, saying holding fresh Assembly elections would be a wastage of public money.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016