A day after dropping hints of joining politics, former IPS officer and Team Anna member Kiran Bedi on Wednesday said she was ready to become the BJP’s Chief Ministerial nominee in Delhi if such an offer was made to her.
“I will consider myself to be ready for it if such an offer is made,” she said. The former IPS officer was asked if she would become the BJP’s Chief Ministerial candidate in case of fresh elections in Delhi.
The BJP had projected Harsh Vardhan as the party’s Chief Ministerial candidate in the Assembly polls in December last year. Vardhan has won the Lok Sabha election from Chandni Chowk and there is speculation that Bedi may be considered the BJP’s Chief Ministerial candidate in the next assembly polls.
Bedi, who has been heaping praise on Narendra Modi in the past couple of months, yesterday dropped hints of joining politics. “I no more rule out entering Indian political service on capability basis. I am moving towards some flexibility in this,” she had tweeted.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Bedi, who was part of core team of Anna Hazare during his agitation for a strong Lokpal legislation, has openly been hailing Modi’s leadership saying he could lead the country effectively. “The country seems to be in post-Independence euphoria once again. One of hope, joy, anticipation, anxiety, revival, ethics, merit, gratitude,” she said on Twitter.
On Monday, expelled AAP MLA Vinod Kumar Binny had called upon BJP, AAP and Congress leaders to consider Bedi for the post of Delhi chief minister, saying holding fresh Assembly elections would be a wastage of public money.