A local court here has issued notice to Union Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly making controversial remarks against Aam Aadmi Party. Additional Sessions Judge Harvindar Singh issued the notice yesterday on a review petition filed by AAP member, advocate Poonam Chand Bhandari, directing the External Affairs Minister to appear before the court, or through his counsel, on March 5.
Bhandari, who is AAP’s state Lokpal, said in his complaint that Khurshid last month called the Aam Admi Party as foul smelling, “anarchist” with “jurassic” ideas out to destroy the system. Bhandari had filed defamation complaint against Khurshid in a lower court which was rejected on February 10, following which he moved the review petition in the sessions court and the notice was issued on Saturday.
In his scathing attack on AAP, Khurshid said, “They are Jurassic. They smell of anarchy. They just demean everything that has been time-tested. They ridicule anything. They question and demean anything… AAP is a real threat to our system. They are anarchist either by choice or by ignorance,” Khurshid had told NDTV.
“AAP has some of the worst, third grade people across the country. I have been to districts where I have found that the worst stinking persons are the first to join the AAP,” Khurshid had said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest