Kerala, where polling in 20 Lok Sabha seats was held on Thursday, registered a provisional voter turnout of 73.6 per cent by 6 pm. In 2009, the polling percentage was 73.37 in the state.
The highest polling was reported from Vatakara, while the lowest was Pathanamthitta. In Vatakara, a traditional CPI (M) stronghold reported 81.4 per cent of polling, while Congress sitting seat Pathanamthitta registered only 65.8 per cent of polling.
Apart from Vatakara, other North Kerala Left bastions also reported huge voter turnout. At the same time, constituencies such as Thiruvananthapuram and Attingal reported only 68 per cent of polling.
The polling went off peacefully across Kerala, notwithstanding a few minor incidents of brawl at booths. Union ministers Sashi Tharoor, K V Thomas, E Ahammed, BJP veteran O Rajagopal, CPI (M) polit buro member M A Baby and Congress spokesperson P C Chacko were among 269 candidates seeking mandate.
More than 50 per cent of polling was reported in all constituencies by noon. Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the poll outcome would be a verdict against the “murder politics” of CPI (M). CPI (M) state secretary exuded confidence that that the elections would mark the rout of Congress in Kerala.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews