For Kerala, this Lok Sabha election too has been a repeat of the regular, customised battle between the Congress-led United Democratic Front and CPM-led Left Democratic Front. BJP, which has never been a key player in the state’s electoral politics, has toiled extra, expecting to open an account.
For the LDF, the results will indicate the success or failure of its crucial decision to field five independent minority community candidates in constituencies where they are in significant numbers. Within the CPIM, the result would indictae whether Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan’s poll-eve ceasefire with rival Pinarayi Vijayan, party state secretary, had a positive effect among party workers.
Although BJP is not a significant player in Kerala, both Congress and CPM played the Narendra Modi factor to the hilt to woo Christian and Muslim voters, who form roughly 46 per cent of the state’s population. The results will have an impact on the fate of any Congress government led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who has said that the polls would be a referendum on the state government.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing