Dismissing AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal’s apology for quitting the office of Delhi chief minister as ‘drama’, Congress on Wednesday accused him of adopting new tactics to return to power even as it ruled out once more extending support to the party to form the government.
“Yesterday, Kejriwal requested the Lieutenant Governor to not dissolve the Assembly, but today he announced his party was ready for a re-poll. He is not sticking to one stand and his apology is total drama. Congress will not support such a person and his party again and is ready for elections,” Delhi Congress president Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
The people of Delhi have lost faith in Kejriwal and his party and will teach them a lesson if a re-poll is held, he added. “AAP should have introspected on (its poor Lok Sabha poll) results but Kejriwal… has not shifted his aim of becoming the chief minister of Delhi,” Lovely said.
He also alleged that AAP split the votes in the just- concluded elections, thereby benefiting BJP.
“AAP aims to only grab power at any cost. It is trying to fool people, but they are now aware of its tactics,” he claimed. Congress’s chief spokesperson, Mukesh Sharma, meanwhile, said that after they had made it clear they would not support AAP, Kejriwal on Wednesday said his party has decided to gear up for fresh elections.
“Congress never approached AAP leaders to offer support for them to form the government once again in the national capital. After Congress made it clear that it would not support AAP, Kejriwal said that his party has decided to gear up for elections,” Sharma also added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest