Varanasi has five constituencies of which three- Varanasi North, South and Cantonment Assembly segments are largely urban and semi-urban in nature.
The road show will focus on Rohania and Sevapuri Assembly constituencies.
He is also expected to meet his supporters at the Sigra stadium here.
Kejriwal had yesterday accepted the challenge to contest against Modi from this temple city.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ending weeks of suspense on whether he will directly take on Modi, Kejriwal had made the announcement at a rally here, asserting he wanted to “defeat corrupt people”.
“I am ready to face this challenge, but I will need your support. I don’t have money to contest election. And like Madan Mohan Malviya, who built the Benaras Hindu University, seeking alms from people, even I shall have to do the same way,” he had said.
Accusing Modi of being an “agent” of industrial houses, Kejriwal warned that if he comes to power, “land will be snatched from farmers and given to Adanis and Ambanis at dirt cheap rates. And farmers will have no option but to commit suicide.”
Kejriwal had said that a myth about Modi having developed Gujarat was being perpetuated by a section of media while in reality the BJP leader was gifting away farmers’ land to industrialists and followed policies which were against small businessmen.
He had said 60,000 small and medium enterprises in Gujarat had shut shop, all aimed at benefiting big industrialists.