Arvind Kejriwal was on Tuesday slapped by a man during a roadshow in Sultanpuri area of North West Delhi in second such attack in last four days and the AAP leader immediately held BJP responsible for it.
The man identified as Lali, who is an autorickshaw driver, first garlanded Kejriwal and then slapped him following which the attacker was thrashed by AAP supporters. AAP leader Manish Sisodia tweeted that Kejriwal was injured in his eye. Kejriwal’s spectacles fell on the ground following the attack.
The 38-year-old attacker, a resident of Aman Vihar in Outer Delhi, has accused Kejriwal of not fulfilling promises made to the auto-drivers. He was later detained by the police. “I do not understand why do some people resort to violence for becoming the Prime Minister. If you think by attacking us, we will keep quite then you are wrong. We will fight this battle till the last breath,” Kejriwal said.
Later in a tweet, Kejriwal said, “I am just thinking – why am I being repeatedly attacked? Who are the masterminds? What do they want? What do they achieve?” The AAP leader headed for Rajghat after the attack, which has been condemned by both BJP and Congress.
“No one should slap anyone. This is against democracy. We do not support it,” Congress leader Kapil Sibal said. BJP Vijay Goel also criticised the attack on the AAP leader. “We do not approve such things. But there is one thing that there has been more opposition to AAP because they say something and do something else.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
AAP’s Sisodia said people affected by AAP movement were trying to derail it. “The people who indulge in politics of caste and religion, and are involved in corruption are afraid of AAP. The politics in the country is changing and that is why they are resorting to such acts,” he said.
This was the second such attack on Kejriwal in the last four days. He was attacked by a 19-year-old youth during his campaigning in Dakshinpuri area of South Delhi on Friday. The former Chief Minister has been attacked a number of times in the past.
On March 28, he was attacked by a man, who claimed to be a supporter of Anna Hazare, during his election rally in Haryana. In Varanasi last month, protesters threw ink on Kejriwal and a number of other party leaders.