AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Friday held a massive roadshow in Varanasi, travelling through the city in an open jeep followed by several vehicles carrying party members. While Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas stood by his side, other senior leaders like Manish Sisodia and Rakhi Birla followed in other jeeps.
Significantly, former Congress members were seen in his rally, raising slogans for him. One of them, a woman, was with the Chhattisgarh Congress until recently and worked at the state party headquarters in Raipur. Wearing AAP cap, she was distributing AAP leaflets at Friday’s roadshow. Locals also identified several Congressmen in the crowd. Besides, the rally also had a substantial presence of Muslims, who walked with the crowd and also moved in vehicles.
Kejriwal began from the Banaras Hindu University, from where BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi had begun his undeclared roadshow Thursday, and travelled up to Lahurabeer, covering around six km in three hours. He later addressed a rally and took a dig at Modi, saying, “How can a person who comes in a helicopter for a campaign of two hours, serve us?” He claimed that AAP would register a thumping victory in Varanasi and Modi would be defeated.
With the election date nearing, the temple town has suddenly seen a high-pitched campaign by various leaders to display their strength. After roadshows by Modi and Kejriwal, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will be holding their roadshows on Saturday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016