Social activist and AAP candidate from Mumbai North-East seat, Medha Patkar today said that although Arvind Kejriwal is the “best person” to become the prime minister, AAP has not declared him for the top post as doing so before the Lok Sabha polls is “unconstitutional”.
“Kejriwal is the best person for the post of prime minister and has all the qualities for the coveted post,” Patkar told reporters.
“However, AAP has not declared Kejriwal as the prime ministerial candidate as the Constitution has given this right to the elected MPs. If someone takes this step, then it amounts to violation of elected representatives’ right,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She called “unconstitutional” the declaration of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
The social activist said that it was only AAP that has shown guts to take on big capitalists like Mukesh Ambani while no other political party has this kind of courage.
“If Ambanis are associated with Congress or Samajwadi Party, then Adanis are linked with Modi in Gujarat,” she alleged.
Medha also claimed that a leading business group in Gujarat has amassed over Rs 47,000 crore assets in the last 17 years.
The social activist said that the people of India wanted change and they look at AAP as a serious option. She said that because of people’s movements and ability to exert pressure on politicians, citizens have got laws like Forest and Land Rights Act, Employment Guarantee Act and Food Security Act, among others.
Medha also praised AAP’s 49-day-long government in Delhi led by Kejriwal saying that no other chief minister has done so much (work) in such a short period of time.
“There is a nexus between Congress and BJP,” the social activist alleged and claimed that both are involved in corruption like Adarsh scam in Maharashtra and MP Professional Board Exam in Madhya Pradesh.