Social activist and AAP candidate from Mumbai North-East seat, Medha Patkar today said that although Arvind Kejriwal is the “best person” to become the prime minister, AAP has not declared him for the top post as doing so before the Lok Sabha polls is “unconstitutional”.
“Kejriwal is the best person for the post of prime minister and has all the qualities for the coveted post,” Patkar told reporters.
“However, AAP has not declared Kejriwal as the prime ministerial candidate as the Constitution has given this right to the elected MPs. If someone takes this step, then it amounts to violation of elected representatives’ right,” she said.
She called “unconstitutional” the declaration of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
The social activist said that it was only AAP that has shown guts to take on big capitalists like Mukesh Ambani while no other political party has this kind of courage.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“If Ambanis are associated with Congress or Samajwadi Party, then Adanis are linked with Modi in Gujarat,” she alleged.
Medha also claimed that a leading business group in Gujarat has amassed over Rs 47,000 crore assets in the last 17 years.
The social activist said that the people of India wanted change and they look at AAP as a serious option. She said that because of people’s movements and ability to exert pressure on politicians, citizens have got laws like Forest and Land Rights Act, Employment Guarantee Act and Food Security Act, among others.
Medha also praised AAP’s 49-day-long government in Delhi led by Kejriwal saying that no other chief minister has done so much (work) in such a short period of time.
“There is a nexus between Congress and BJP,” the social activist alleged and claimed that both are involved in corruption like Adarsh scam in Maharashtra and MP Professional Board Exam in Madhya Pradesh.