Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday launched a scathing attack on Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, who he claimed, was expected to invite the BJP to form a government in Delhi on Thursday.
Amid reports of BJP forming the government in Delhi, Kejriwal attacked Jung, with whom he has had a love-hate relationship, and asked whether the LG should not ask for a letter of support of MLAs or else he would be seen as acting partisan.
“Sources (claim)- Despite public outcry, LG likely to invite BJP to form government today. BJP will accept it…BJP still does not have nos. Sources – 6 Congress MLAs not yet ready. BJP’s assessment – After taking oath, it would become easier to buy MLAs…
“Would LG save his chair or the constitution – nation will keenly watch. If a party (BJP) has once already declined the offer to form govt – can the LG invite the same party in the existing Vidhan Sabha again? … Shouldn’t LG first ask for a list of supporting MLAs? Else wouldn’t LG be seen to be acting partisan?” Kejriwal said in a series of tweets.
He also said that would Jung encourage horse trading if he invites the BJP for government formation.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Would LG encourage horse trading if he invites a party to form govt despite knowing that they don’t have nos? Questions – can LG invite a party to form govt without prima facie satisfying himself whether the party has nos?” Kejriwal tweeted.
He had also sought an appointment with Jung, but party sources said he was conveyed that the meeting was only possible next Monday. “By then we dont think the meeting would be of any use,” Kejriwal said.
Earlier in the day, AAP had a meeting with its legislators to formulate future course of action
“We will expose the BJP’s attempt to buy Congress’ MLAs and go before the people,” said senior AAP leader and Patparganj MLA Manish Sisodia.
The party leadership also had meeting with its legislators to formulate the future course of action in the event the BJP forms the government.
Rubbishing the rumours that seven party MLAs were resigning, the AAP termed it as baseless.
“We are very worried about the BJP’s preparations of horse trading. We have all decided that all 27 MLAs of AAP understand their responsibility and we will not allow any kind of horse trading.
“AAP will not allow buying or selling, any dishonest government formation and we will do whatever is needed. Not even one AAP MLA will budge. Everyone wants an election,” Sisodia said.
It was decided in the meeting that party will also oppose the hike in electricity tariff.
Sisodia also added that the party will also oppose if the subsidy given by the then AAP Government on water and electricity is not extended or not included in the Delhi Budget, which is expected to be presented this week.
“We will oppose the hike in the electricity tariff by the DERC. If the BJP forms government in Delhi, we will also oppose it tooth and nail because they dont have numbers and in this case can only form a corrupt government through horsetrading,” said Surendra Singh, AAP MLA from Delhi Cant.