A day after his Gujarat tour, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal continued his attack on BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi and the Gujarat development model propagated by him. Addressing a gathering of around 2,000 people, mostly farmers, in Mathura, Kejriwal and other senior AAP leaders attempted to draw parallels between the conditions of farmers in Gujarat to those in UP.
Training guns on Modi again, Kejriwal said, “Don’t make the mistake of electing Modi to power. If the truth of the condition of Gujarat farmers are known to other farmers, not a single person will vote for Modi.”
“People used to praise Modiji and his Gujarat model. So, we went to all 26 districts in Gujarat to learn about the development that has taken place there. The condition of farmers there is similar to those in western Uttar Pradesh,” Kejriwal said.
“Every chief minister has joined hands with some big corporate houses — if it was Jaypee here, it is Ambanis and Adanis in Gujarat,” he said.
Even as corruption had become the main issue raised by the AAP in the Delhi Assembly polls, the party, in the run-up to the Lok Sabha polls seems to be raising an additional set of issues. At Mathura, party leaders took up the issue of land acquisition and compensation to farmers.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
According to Kejriwal, farmers across the country were being exploited through a government-corporate nexus. “In UP, especially in Tappal and Mathura, land was forcibly taken away from all of you on the pretext of development. I had gone to Haryana a few days ago. The situation is similar there under Hoodaji’s government…. The farmers there are unhappy. They said that their chief minister was more a property dealer than the head of the government,” he said.
He alleged that the compensation given to farmers in return for their land less than half of what the middlemen got in the process.
Once again, Kejriwal attacked the media for the coverage given to Modi. Criticising the media for their extensive coverage given to the controversy surrounding his three-bedroom flat, Kejriwal said, “They (the media) do not show the truth of Modi — how he has sold Gujarat to the Ambanis and Adanis.”
Lauding his party’s government in Delhi, Kejriwal said, “Jo kaam Modiji ne 11 saal mein nahi kiya, woh humne 49 days mein kar dikhaya. Modiji ko sarkar chalani nahi aati. Gujarat is being run by the Ambanis and the Adanis.”
Other senior AAP leaders also joined Kejriwal in their attack on Modi. “We stayed in Gujarat for four days, visited villages. In one village, the government took away farmers’ land. The government said a solar energy project should be implemented here. Land was bought from farmers at Rs 50,000 per acre and the property dealers sold the same land to the government at Rs 27 lakhs per acre” said Manish Sisodia.
Kejriwal and other AAP leaders met slain IPS officer Narendra Kumar’s family at Lalpur in Mathura on Sunday. Kumar was killed allegedly by the mining mafia in 2012.