Contesting Priyanka Gandhi’s claim that her brother Rahul had done a lot of development in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday said she was unaware that the Congress Vice President had failed to spend the MPLAD fund in the area.
Addressing an election rally in support of party nominee Kumar Vishwas at Aurangabad village in Amethi, Kejriwal said Priyanka has been publicising that Rahul brought development in the constituency which is contrary to the reality.
“Priyanka has said that development is not possible with the amount provided under the MPLAD scheme…but in reality Rahul has not even been able to spend his fund,” he alleged and asked the Congress star campaigner to reply on this.
Alleging that Congress was claiming that Rs 55,000 crore was spent on the development of Amethi, the Aam Aadmi Party leader said one could hardly see its impact on the ground.
“Was the entire budget usurped by middlemen? Rahul Gandhi must give an account before the people,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
So far, Gandhi surname was enough to make someone eligible for the PM post, but this would not happen anymore as the common man has become aware, Kejriwal said.
He alleged that Congress and BJP oppose each other from the dias, but field dummy candidates against prominent leaders during elections.
Despite this Narendra Modi from Varanasi and Rahul from Amethi will loose the elections, he said.