- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
Kejriwal hits out at Gandhi siblings; says no development in Amethi
Contesting Priyanka Gandhi’s claim that her brother Rahul had done a lot of development in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday said she was unaware that the Congress Vice President had failed to spend the MPLAD fund in the area.
Addressing an election rally in support of party nominee Kumar Vishwas at Aurangabad village in Amethi, Kejriwal said Priyanka has been publicising that Rahul brought development in the constituency which is contrary to the reality.
“Priyanka has said that development is not possible with the amount provided under the MPLAD scheme…but in reality Rahul has not even been able to spend his fund,” he alleged and asked the Congress star campaigner to reply on this.
Alleging that Congress was claiming that Rs 55,000 crore was spent on the development of Amethi, the Aam Aadmi Party leader said one could hardly see its impact on the ground.
“Was the entire budget usurped by middlemen? Rahul Gandhi must give an account before the people,” he said.
So far, Gandhi surname was enough to make someone eligible for the PM post, but this would not happen anymore as the common man has become aware, Kejriwal said.
He alleged that Congress and BJP oppose each other from the dias, but field dummy candidates against prominent leaders during elections.
Despite this Narendra Modi from Varanasi and Rahul from Amethi will loose the elections, he said.