Contesting Priyanka Gandhi’s claim that her brother Rahul had done a lot of development in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal on Friday said she was unaware that the Congress Vice President had failed to spend the MPLAD fund in the area.
Addressing an election rally in support of party nominee Kumar Vishwas at Aurangabad village in Amethi, Kejriwal said Priyanka has been publicising that Rahul brought development in the constituency which is contrary to the reality.
“Priyanka has said that development is not possible with the amount provided under the MPLAD scheme…but in reality Rahul has not even been able to spend his fund,” he alleged and asked the Congress star campaigner to reply on this.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Alleging that Congress was claiming that Rs 55,000 crore was spent on the development of Amethi, the Aam Aadmi Party leader said one could hardly see its impact on the ground.
“Was the entire budget usurped by middlemen? Rahul Gandhi must give an account before the people,” he said.
So far, Gandhi surname was enough to make someone eligible for the PM post, but this would not happen anymore as the common man has become aware, Kejriwal said.
He alleged that Congress and BJP oppose each other from the dias, but field dummy candidates against prominent leaders during elections.
Despite this Narendra Modi from Varanasi and Rahul from Amethi will loose the elections, he said.