Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday shifted his base from Kaushambi here to New Delhi and Uttar Pradesh police is now likely to withdraw the ‘Z’ category protection provided to him.
At present, 30 police personnel are deployed for round- the-clock protection of Kejriwal, who has refused to take security as part of Aam Aadmi Party’s promise to end VIP culture.
Besides, two police vehicles guard the Delhi CM when he is on the move in Ghaziabad.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Kejriwal, who along with his family lived in a Girnar Apartments situated in Kaushabmi area of Ghaziabad on the outskirts of national capital, today shifted to Tilak Lane in Delhi.
Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmendra Singh said that as per rule, if a minister or a VVIP lived in their jurisdiction, they were bound to provide security to them.
“As Delhi CM has shifted his base from Kaushambi to New Delhi, we would inform the state government, which had ordered to provide him ‘Z’ category protection. After getting government’s directive in this regard, we would proceed accordingly,” Singh said.
Official sources said the security provided to Kejriwal will most probably be withdrawn.