Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday shifted his base from Kaushambi here to New Delhi and Uttar Pradesh police is now likely to withdraw the ‘Z’ category protection provided to him.
At present, 30 police personnel are deployed for round- the-clock protection of Kejriwal, who has refused to take security as part of Aam Aadmi Party’s promise to end VIP culture.
Besides, two police vehicles guard the Delhi CM when he is on the move in Ghaziabad.
Kejriwal, who along with his family lived in a Girnar Apartments situated in Kaushabmi area of Ghaziabad on the outskirts of national capital, today shifted to Tilak Lane in Delhi.
Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmendra Singh said that as per rule, if a minister or a VVIP lived in their jurisdiction, they were bound to provide security to them.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“As Delhi CM has shifted his base from Kaushambi to New Delhi, we would inform the state government, which had ordered to provide him ‘Z’ category protection. After getting government’s directive in this regard, we would proceed accordingly,” Singh said.
Official sources said the security provided to Kejriwal will most probably be withdrawn.