Coming down hard against Arvind Kejriwal for ordering an FIR against him and others for raising gas prices, Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily today said the former Delhi Chief Minister doesn’t understand fundamental laws.
“The allegation against me is against the cabinet; it was the decision of the cabinet, not a personal decision or my own decision and it (allegation) is baseless,” Moily told reporters here on the sidelines of International Bamboo Conclave and Expo- 2014.
He said “poor chap Kejriwal, he doesn’t realise, he doesn’t understand basic fundamental laws….”
Hitting out at Kejriwal for his policies and measures like subsidy on electricity as Delhi CM, Moily said “Kejriwal is up to fool everybody and even fool the democracy….”
“He thinks that he is the only brainy fellow….I think all of us should pledge our brains with Kejriwal, this is the kind of a person he is. I don’t know how people elect such people,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On reports about former Oil Minister Murli Deora, whose name also appears in the FIR, deciding to write to Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung challenging the state government’s jurisdiction in filing a police complaint, he said “Let us see, we are examining it; Prime Minister is already briefed of the matter. I don’t want to make any comment.”
Commenting on Rahul Gandhi hinting at enacting all six pending anti-graft bills through ordinance route, Moily said “that is the pressure and the demand of the people; Congress party, particularly UPA and more so Rahul Gandhi is very anxious about all these anti-corruption bills.”
“Lokpal itself will not make a meaning, unless the content of some of the subjects particularly the fight against corruption is also taken care- that will be addressed by whistleblower and other bills which are already pending.”
“….Parliament should have given priority to that but the opposition is not interested in these bills – they are interested only in politicalisation,” he added.
Stating that the union cabinet has cleared the project on green mission three days ago, Moily, who is also the in charge of Environment and Forest Ministry, said “….it is about increasing the forest cover; 50 million hectares will be added in 10 years time.”