It’s KCR vs the rest in Telangana, in an exchange of abuse that has stopped short only of expletives.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao’s latest battle is against Pawan Kalyan, brother of K Chiranjeevi. In Warangal Saturday night, Pawan Kalyan said he would “peel off KCR’s skin” if he abuses Narendra Modi. KCR responded in Nizamabad Sunday: “If I pinch him, this fellow (Pawan Kalyan) will roll a thousand times and fall.”
The popular actor brothers, who hail from Seemandhra, are on opposing sides. While K Chiranjeevi is the Congress campaign committee chairman, Pawan Kumar is supporting the TDP-BJP alliance and has been roped in by Modi to campaign, especially in Telangana. Pawan Kalyan’s outburst at the Warangal public meeting came after KCR had earlier described Modi as a madman who does not understand anything about Telangana.
The morning after Pawan Kalyan’s abuse, KCR said at a Nizamabad meeting: “How dare he (Pawan Kalyan) stand in Warangal in the heart of Telangana and speak? I am not concerned about what he said about me; at least 10 dogs bark at me daily. But Telangana people should understand that when a petty actor can come and talk in Telangana, imagine the arrogance of Andhrawallas towards Telangana people and what will happen if you still vote for Andhra parties.”
The people of Telangana seem not to mind Pawan Kalyan. But TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSRCP chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, both from Seemandhra, too are campaigning in Telangana, and this is what in particular bothers KCR and his family. KCR refers to Naidu as an “Andhrawalla” who has no business living in Telangana, leave alone contest.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
KCR has called Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee chief Ponnala Lakshmaiah and others “picchi sannasi” (mad fools). Ponnala has said KCR’s language reflects his character and state of mind.