It’s KCR vs the rest in Telangana, in an exchange of abuse that has stopped short only of expletives.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao’s latest battle is against Pawan Kalyan, brother of K Chiranjeevi. In Warangal Saturday night, Pawan Kalyan said he would “peel off KCR’s skin” if he abuses Narendra Modi. KCR responded in Nizamabad Sunday: “If I pinch him, this fellow (Pawan Kalyan) will roll a thousand times and fall.”
The popular actor brothers, who hail from Seemandhra, are on opposing sides. While K Chiranjeevi is the Congress campaign committee chairman, Pawan Kumar is supporting the TDP-BJP alliance and has been roped in by Modi to campaign, especially in Telangana. Pawan Kalyan’s outburst at the Warangal public meeting came after KCR had earlier described Modi as a madman who does not understand anything about Telangana.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The morning after Pawan Kalyan’s abuse, KCR said at a Nizamabad meeting: “How dare he (Pawan Kalyan) stand in Warangal in the heart of Telangana and speak? I am not concerned about what he said about me; at least 10 dogs bark at me daily. But Telangana people should understand that when a petty actor can come and talk in Telangana, imagine the arrogance of Andhrawallas towards Telangana people and what will happen if you still vote for Andhra parties.”
The people of Telangana seem not to mind Pawan Kalyan. But TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSRCP chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, both from Seemandhra, too are campaigning in Telangana, and this is what in particular bothers KCR and his family. KCR refers to Naidu as an “Andhrawalla” who has no business living in Telangana, leave alone contest.
KCR has called Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee chief Ponnala Lakshmaiah and others “picchi sannasi” (mad fools). Ponnala has said KCR’s language reflects his character and state of mind.