Amid the simmering sibling rivalry in the DMK’s first family that triggered the suspension of his elder son M K Alagiri from the party, DMK chief M Karunanidhi has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking additional security for his younger son Stalin.
Party sources said the DMK president had recently written to the Prime Minister seeking increased protection, “after the Alagiri incident,” in an apparent reference to escalation of tension in DMK’s first family involving Alagiri.
Sources, however, declined to divulge the contents of the letter.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Stalin is provided security cover of armed CRPF commandos after an alleged attempt on his life at Madurai railway station in June 2006.
Accusing Alagiri of nurturing “unknown hatred” against his younger brother, Karunanidhi had on Tuesday stated that his Madurai-based son had even said that Stalin would die in three months.
“No father can tolerate such words against a son. As the party chief, I had to tolerate them,” Karunanidhi had said even as the allegations were refuted by Alagiri.
“Not even in my dream could I imagine such charges.. Anyway…I take it as his greetings for my birthday… (Alagiri’s birthday falls on January 30),” Alagiri had said.