- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Karuna says principles are important to him, not children
Amid the continuing rebellion by his son M K Alagiri whom he had expelled from the party, DMK chief M Karunanidhi today put the party interest above the family declaring DMK “will never forgive and forget mistakes”.
“Anyone who lacks gratitude – brother or wife or son or anyone, DMK will not forgive; won’t forget their mistakes. For me, principles are important, not children,” he announced emphatically while addressing an election rally here.
Karunanidhi used the occasion of lauching his campaign for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls to send a clear message to the partymen that the party will not tolerate indiscipline, whosoever it could be.
Karunanidhi had expelled Alagiri yesterday for repeatedly taunting the party and its leaders despite his suspension in January this year for alleged indiscipline in the wake of his opposition to a possible alliance with DMDK and his running feud with younger brother MK Stalin.
However, a defiant Alagiri stuck to his stand, saying he had not committed any wrongdoing that warranted his expulsion from DMK.