Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday hit out at JD(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy, who is caught in a row over an audio CD allegedly discussing about money to be paid to his party MLAs by an aspirant for MLC seat, saying he could not defend himself claiming other parties were also indulging in corruption.
“I haven’t seen the conversation in the CD. I will not comment on it. Let people of the state take a decision on it,” Siddaramaiah told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Kumaraswamy is at the centre of a controversy after Saturday’s release of an audio CD about him purportedly telling the supporters of MLC seat aspirant Vijugowda Patil, a JD(S) leader from Bijapur district, about the demand for money from his party MLAs.
Asked about Kumaraswamy’s allegations that all parties are involved in such scandals, Siddaramaiah said, “If a cat drinks the milk closing its eyes, it doesn’t mean that the entire world is not watching it drink the milk.” “Whoever has done.. mistake is a mistake. Corruption is corruption. If he (Kumaraswamy) says other parties are also doing it, is not a defence at all,” he said.
In the CD which surfaced mysteriously with all the Kannada TV channels playing the audio clip, Kumaraswamy was purportedly heard telling the supporters of Patil “Each MLA (of JDS) is asking for one crore. They are saying you make anybody the MLC…”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
At another point, Kumaraswamy was heard saying “40 people (JDS MLAs) are asking for 40 crore… This is my fate.” Reacting to it, Kumaraswamy did not disown the authenticity of the conversation but said he had only discussed the direction in which the current politics was moving and it was not proper to portray him as a villain when he only discussed in general the harsh reality of politics.