Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Kalyan Singh, was on Thursday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Rajasthan. Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Sunil Ambwani administered the oath of office to Singh at a ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Jaipur.
Before that, Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehirshi read out the warrant of appointment issued by the President.
Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and senior officers were present on the occasion.
Enthusiast party workers shouted slogans ‘jai shree ram’ and ‘vande matram’ when Singh was taking the oath. He was also given a guard of honour.
U P Governor Ram Naik was holding the additional charge of Rajasthan before the appointment of Kalyan Singh.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Naik was given the additional charge of Rajasthan after Margaret Alva completed her term on August 5.