Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Kalyan Singh, was on Thursday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Rajasthan. Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Sunil Ambwani administered the oath of office to Singh at a ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Jaipur.
Before that, Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehirshi read out the warrant of appointment issued by the President.
Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and senior officers were present on the occasion.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Enthusiast party workers shouted slogans ‘jai shree ram’ and ‘vande matram’ when Singh was taking the oath. He was also given a guard of honour.
U P Governor Ram Naik was holding the additional charge of Rajasthan before the appointment of Kalyan Singh.
Naik was given the additional charge of Rajasthan after Margaret Alva completed her term on August 5.