Actor-turned politician and AAP candidate from Lucknow Javed Jaffrey on Thursday said that he has entered politics not to earn money but to remove shortcomings in the system prevailing in the country.
“At present corruption and communalism are eroding our roots. I often get agitated by watching such news and so is the case with most of the people. But it hardly matters. To change the system you have to enter into it, therefore I decided to contest the election,” Jaffrey told reporters.
“I have my own production house, which is doing good. I haven’t come here to earn money, but to remove shortcomings prevailing in the present day system,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When asked that how he would maintain balance between his engagements as being a celebrity and expectations of giving time in the constituency, Jaffrey said he believed in giving result.
“Often it is said that people elected from the Bollywood does not do anything for the electorate, but I want to know that what others gave to them whom they considered as their leaders,” he said.
Terming former prime minister and MP from here Atal Bihari Vajpayee as his elder, Jaffrey said his contest is not with a party or a candidate, but with the thought which promotes corruption, poverty, inflation and differences in the society.