Actor-turned politician and AAP candidate from Lucknow Javed Jaffrey on Thursday said that he has entered politics not to earn money but to remove shortcomings in the system prevailing in the country.
“At present corruption and communalism are eroding our roots. I often get agitated by watching such news and so is the case with most of the people. But it hardly matters. To change the system you have to enter into it, therefore I decided to contest the election,” Jaffrey told reporters.
“I have my own production house, which is doing good. I haven’t come here to earn money, but to remove shortcomings prevailing in the present day system,” he said.
When asked that how he would maintain balance between his engagements as being a celebrity and expectations of giving time in the constituency, Jaffrey said he believed in giving result.
“Often it is said that people elected from the Bollywood does not do anything for the electorate, but I want to know that what others gave to them whom they considered as their leaders,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Terming former prime minister and MP from here Atal Bihari Vajpayee as his elder, Jaffrey said his contest is not with a party or a candidate, but with the thought which promotes corruption, poverty, inflation and differences in the society.