To break the ice and speed up the government formation process in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP general secretary Ram Madhav will meet PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in Srinagar on Saturday.
Sources in BJP said Madhav will hold talks with the PDP chief at the Muftis’ Fairview residence. This will be the first official meeting between the PDP and BJP at top level.
Sources said it is likely that the meeting will pave the way for formation of the government in the state. Before Madhav’s arrival in Srinagar, the top state leadership of BJP has been invited to Delhi for talks.
Sources said that former deputy chief minister Nirmal Singh, state president Sat Sharma, MP Jugal Kishore and BJP state general secretary Ashok Kaul will be meeting BJP president Amit Shah.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sources said the BJP state leaders have already asked the party central leadership to initiate steps for formation of the government.
Mehbooba Mufti has been reluctant to form the government before Centre takes some confidence building measures. Sources said the BJP leadership has agreed to include some points, especially related to financial stability to the state. Sources said some CBMs may be included in the Union budget.
Both PDP and BJP leaders have termed Agenda of Alliance as a sacred document but PDP leaders, including Mehbooba, have blamed the BJP for slow implementation of the points.