BJP on Monday described Jitan Ram Manjhi, handpicked by Nitish Kumar as the Chief Minister of Bihar, as “kathputli” (puppet) and urged the Governor to individual parade of the MLAs to get “convinced” of Manjhi’s nomination for the post. “Jitan Ram Manjhi is a ‘kathputli’ Chief Minister of Nitish Kumar,” former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi told PTI.
“He is being used as Bharat of the epic Ramayana to safeguard the ‘kharao’ (pair wooden sandals) of Ram (Nitish Kumar),” he said. Modi said earlier Kumar had said that JD(U) would go to the Assembly polls next year under his leadership and he will only become Chief Minister if his party secures the mandate, which means Kumar has decided to use the Mahadalit (a sub section among the Dalits) to safeguard his ‘kharao’ till then.”
“This is affront to the Mahadalit,” he added. Modi said though it was an internal matter of the JD(U) about its choice of legislature party leader and the next
Chief Minister, Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary and senior minister Ramai Ram – the two senior most leaders hailing from Dalit community – have been ignored.
He said the name of the new Chief Minister should have been ratified by the JD(U) MLAs before going to the Governor. “Hence, we demand the Governor should insist on the parade of individual JD(U) MLAs to get convinced that Manjhi is the real choice of the party,” the senior BJP leader said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016