BJP on Monday described Jitan Ram Manjhi, handpicked by Nitish Kumar as the Chief Minister of Bihar, as “kathputli” (puppet) and urged the Governor to individual parade of the MLAs to get “convinced” of Manjhi’s nomination for the post. “Jitan Ram Manjhi is a ‘kathputli’ Chief Minister of Nitish Kumar,” former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi told PTI.
“He is being used as Bharat of the epic Ramayana to safeguard the ‘kharao’ (pair wooden sandals) of Ram (Nitish Kumar),” he said. Modi said earlier Kumar had said that JD(U) would go to the Assembly polls next year under his leadership and he will only become Chief Minister if his party secures the mandate, which means Kumar has decided to use the Mahadalit (a sub section among the Dalits) to safeguard his ‘kharao’ till then.”
“This is affront to the Mahadalit,” he added. Modi said though it was an internal matter of the JD(U) about its choice of legislature party leader and the next
Chief Minister, Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary and senior minister Ramai Ram – the two senior most leaders hailing from Dalit community – have been ignored.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said the name of the new Chief Minister should have been ratified by the JD(U) MLAs before going to the Governor. “Hence, we demand the Governor should insist on the parade of individual JD(U) MLAs to get convinced that Manjhi is the real choice of the party,” the senior BJP leader said.