“I condemn such a statement…The criticism of Irani over her educational degree must stop. Her work and not her educational qualification should be discussed.
“The pulse of the nation is not known only by formal education. I have also been an engineer but that engineering does not come to any use here. The country is run by understanding people,” JD(U) president Sharad Yadav told reporters here.
He was addressing the media after a meeting of the party office bearers to take stock of the crushing defeat of JD(U) in Lok Sabha polls in Bihar in which the party was reduced from its tally of 20 seats in 2009 to a mere two in 2014.
Attacking Irani over her educational qualifications, Congress leader Ajay Maken had tweeted on Tuesday, “What a Cabinet of Modi? HRD Minister (Looking after Education) Smriti Irani is not even a graduate! Look at her affidavit at ECI site pg 11”.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Responding to questions about the Congress attack on Irani, Yadav said, “Saint Kabir never went to any University but he was the greatest philosopher. For more than 60 years, the country has been run by the educated persons and it is for all of us to see, how it has been run.”
Yadav, however, slammed Minister of State in Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh, who on Tuesday stoked a controversy Article 370 seeking a debate on it.
Singh, however, later clarified that he was “misquoted” on the issue.
Unimpressed by the clarification, Yadav said nothing should be done on the issue against the precedent followed on this issue so far.
“I strongly condemn what the minister has said on Article 370. Kashmir is the soul of the country. The statement is not appropriate and not in the interest of the nation. A promise was made to Kashmir,” Yadav said.