Sending out a terse message to leaders and workers defying party lines, the JD(U) has decided to take strong action against its three MLAs for their open anti-party activities in the run up to Lok Sabha elections.
We have identified three MLAs — Poonam Devi Yadav (Khagaria), Renu Kushwaha (Bihariganj) and Annu Shukla (Lalganj) — for taking strong action for their indulgence in anti-party activities, the JD(U) state unit president Bashistha Narayan Singh told reporters.
The JD(U) leadership has taken note of indiscipline and anti-party activities of these three MLAs and will take stringent action after the general elections, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We will not tolerate brazen defiance of the party line by the three MLAs and take them to task,” Singh said.
Renu Kushwaha, who has recently resigned from the Nitish Kumar government after her husband Vijay Kushwaha joined the BJP recently, has been campaigning for her spouse who is contesting on BJP ticket from Madhepura Lok Sabha seat.
She represents Bihariganj Assembly seat in Madhepura district.
Similarly, Poonam Devi Yadav — the JD(U) MLA from Khagaria assembly seat — has been publicly campaigning for sister Krishna Kumari Yadav, who is the RJD candidate from Khagaria Lok Sabha seat against JD(U) MP Dinesh Chandra Yadav. Both sisters are married to former MLA Randhir Yadav.
Another rebel Annu Shukla, JD(U) MLA from Lalganj, has publicly announced her decision to contest from Vaishali Lok Sabha seat against the official party candidate Vijay Sahni.
Shukla happens to be the wife of former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur jail in connection with a murder case.