Sending out a terse message to leaders and workers defying party lines, the JD(U) has decided to take strong action against its three MLAs for their open anti-party activities in the run up to Lok Sabha elections.
We have identified three MLAs — Poonam Devi Yadav (Khagaria), Renu Kushwaha (Bihariganj) and Annu Shukla (Lalganj) — for taking strong action for their indulgence in anti-party activities, the JD(U) state unit president Bashistha Narayan Singh told reporters.
The JD(U) leadership has taken note of indiscipline and anti-party activities of these three MLAs and will take stringent action after the general elections, he said.
“We will not tolerate brazen defiance of the party line by the three MLAs and take them to task,” Singh said.
Renu Kushwaha, who has recently resigned from the Nitish Kumar government after her husband Vijay Kushwaha joined the BJP recently, has been campaigning for her spouse who is contesting on BJP ticket from Madhepura Lok Sabha seat.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
She represents Bihariganj Assembly seat in Madhepura district.
Similarly, Poonam Devi Yadav — the JD(U) MLA from Khagaria assembly seat — has been publicly campaigning for sister Krishna Kumari Yadav, who is the RJD candidate from Khagaria Lok Sabha seat against JD(U) MP Dinesh Chandra Yadav. Both sisters are married to former MLA Randhir Yadav.
Another rebel Annu Shukla, JD(U) MLA from Lalganj, has publicly announced her decision to contest from Vaishali Lok Sabha seat against the official party candidate Vijay Sahni.
Shukla happens to be the wife of former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla, presently lodged in Muzaffarpur jail in connection with a murder case.