Even as the JD(U) top brass has been threatening to take disciplinary action against four rebel MLAs, the latter have shot back by questioning the “elevation” of Jeetan Ram Manjhi as CM. The dissidents said Manjhi was “nominated” by former CM Nitish Kumar and “not elected as JD(U) Legislature Party leader by party MLAs”. The MLAs have written to party national president Sharad Yadav about it.
Though 18 JD(U) MLAs had cross-voted during the recent Rajya Sabha bypolls, the Assembly Speaker last week issued a showcause notice against four MLAs — Gyanendra Singh, Rahul Sharma, Ravindra Roy and Niraj Singh Bablu — for going against the party whip. These rebels will present their case before the Speaker on Wednesday.
Barh MLA Gyandendra Singh said: “Manjhi was not elected by us. He was nominated by former CM Nitish Kumar, who is an MLC. We can also write to the Union Ministry of Home Affairs to ask the Bihar Governor to clarify standard provisions on the election of a legislature party leader.”
Digha MLA Poonam Devi, who had also cross-voted, said if the party took action against the four rebels, the other 14 legislators would also resign. The dissidents had already threatened to move court in the event of getting no relief from the Speaker.
The dissidents have become more aggressive after Manjhi spoke of the need for “disciplining some rebels”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More