A JD(U) MLA was booked along with nine others for allegedly attacking a voter outside a booth during voting in Bihar’s Gopalganj district on Monday.
Gopalganj additional superintendent of police Anil Kumar said the FIR was registered against JD(U) MLA from Kuchaykot, Amrendra Kumar Pandey alias Pappu Pandey, and others on the basis of a complaint lodged by the voter.
The complainant alleged that as soon as he came out of the polling booth at Naya Gaon Tulsiya village after casting his ballot, the MLA and his aides attacked him “for not voting for JD(U)”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The voter is considered a supporter of Congress party.
The MLA denied attacking the complainant and alleged that there was a conspiracy against him by his opponents.
He said he was moving around in his assembly constituency and was not present in the area where the incident took place and the complainant named him in the FIR as part of a conspiracy in connection with some old conflict.
Election was held on Monday in Gopalganj along with five other Lok Sabha seats in Bihar in the last phase. The seat is witnessing triangular fight between Anil Kumar of JD(U), Janak Ram of BJP and Jyoti of Congress.