A JD(U) MLA was booked along with nine others for allegedly attacking a voter outside a booth during voting in Bihar’s Gopalganj district on Monday.
Gopalganj additional superintendent of police Anil Kumar said the FIR was registered against JD(U) MLA from Kuchaykot, Amrendra Kumar Pandey alias Pappu Pandey, and others on the basis of a complaint lodged by the voter.
The complainant alleged that as soon as he came out of the polling booth at Naya Gaon Tulsiya village after casting his ballot, the MLA and his aides attacked him “for not voting for JD(U)”.
The voter is considered a supporter of Congress party.
The MLA denied attacking the complainant and alleged that there was a conspiracy against him by his opponents.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said he was moving around in his assembly constituency and was not present in the area where the incident took place and the complainant named him in the FIR as part of a conspiracy in connection with some old conflict.
Election was held on Monday in Gopalganj along with five other Lok Sabha seats in Bihar in the last phase. The seat is witnessing triangular fight between Anil Kumar of JD(U), Janak Ram of BJP and Jyoti of Congress.