AIADMK on Monday announced that party general secretary and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa would begin the election campaign for Lok Sabha polls on March 3 from Kanchipuram, about 70 km from here.
The “whirlwind” first phase of the campaign would cover several regions of Tamil Nadu, including Nagapattinam, Kanyakumari and Chidambaram, an AIADMK press release said.
Starting on March 3, the first phase would end on April 5, it said adding that “the party general secretary will address public meetings canvassing support for candidates of AIADMK and its allies.”
Soon after declaring the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections, Jayalalithaa would start her campaign by seeking support for Maragatham Kumaravel contesting from Kanchipuram (Reserved) seat. The next day she would be at Jain College in Meenambakkam here, falling under Sriperumbudur Constituency.
On March 6, she would address a meeting each in Nagapattinam (Reserved) and Mayiladuthurai Constituencies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Later, she would speak at Nagercoil (March 9), Chidambaram (reserved, March 11), Erode (March 13), Tirupur (March 13), Kallakurichi (March 15), Ramanathapuram (March 18), Tiruchirapalli (March 19), and Virudhunagar and Sivaganga (March 21), the release said.
On March 23, she would address a meeting in Puducherry followed by Dindigul (March 25), Vellore(March 28), Tuticorin (April 1), Theni (April 2) and Thenkasi (April 5), it added.