AIADMK on Monday announced that party general secretary and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa would begin the election campaign for Lok Sabha polls on March 3 from Kanchipuram, about 70 km from here.
The “whirlwind” first phase of the campaign would cover several regions of Tamil Nadu, including Nagapattinam, Kanyakumari and Chidambaram, an AIADMK press release said.
Starting on March 3, the first phase would end on April 5, it said adding that “the party general secretary will address public meetings canvassing support for candidates of AIADMK and its allies.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Soon after declaring the list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections, Jayalalithaa would start her campaign by seeking support for Maragatham Kumaravel contesting from Kanchipuram (Reserved) seat. The next day she would be at Jain College in Meenambakkam here, falling under Sriperumbudur Constituency.
On March 6, she would address a meeting each in Nagapattinam (Reserved) and Mayiladuthurai Constituencies.
Later, she would speak at Nagercoil (March 9), Chidambaram (reserved, March 11), Erode (March 13), Tirupur (March 13), Kallakurichi (March 15), Ramanathapuram (March 18), Tiruchirapalli (March 19), and Virudhunagar and Sivaganga (March 21), the release said.
On March 23, she would address a meeting in Puducherry followed by Dindigul (March 25), Vellore(March 28), Tuticorin (April 1), Theni (April 2) and Thenkasi (April 5), it added.