Continuing with the post- election reshuffle in her party, AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday removed senior leader S M Velusamy from a key party post, prompting him to submit his resignation as Mayor of Coimbatore Corporation.
Jayalalithaa announced in a statement here that Velusamy, a former Minister, was being removed as AIADMK’s Coimbatore Urban District Secretary and replaced him with his Coimbatore suburban counterpart and Municipal Administration Minister, S P Velumani.
Velumani will handle party affairs till an appointment is made to the post of Urban District Secretary, she said.
The AIADMK general secretary however did not divulge the reasons for Velusamy’s removal from the key post.
Meanwhile, Velusamy handed over his resignation letter to Corporation Commissioner G Latha, official sources said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More