Continuing with the post- election reshuffle in her party, AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday removed senior leader S M Velusamy from a key party post, prompting him to submit his resignation as Mayor of Coimbatore Corporation.
Jayalalithaa announced in a statement here that Velusamy, a former Minister, was being removed as AIADMK’s Coimbatore Urban District Secretary and replaced him with his Coimbatore suburban counterpart and Municipal Administration Minister, S P Velumani.
Velumani will handle party affairs till an appointment is made to the post of Urban District Secretary, she said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The AIADMK general secretary however did not divulge the reasons for Velusamy’s removal from the key post.
Meanwhile, Velusamy handed over his resignation letter to Corporation Commissioner G Latha, official sources said.