Jayalalithaa will meet Modi at his South Block office in New Delhi on June 3, a state government release said, adding, she will present a memorandum to the Prime Minister.
“This memorandum will include some crucial issues relating to Tamil Nadu which have been pending with the Government of India,” the release said, in an apparent reference to Jayalalithaa’s demand for a relief package from the Centre among others.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
She had first taken up the matter with former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in 2011 after winning the assembly polls and has been pressing for the demand ever since.
The release said the memorandum will also highlight some issues which require the urgent attention of the Centre “to safeguard the legitimate interests of the state and to propel the state on a faster growth path.”
Jayalalithaa had boycotted the swearing-in of Modi as Prime Minister on May 26, opposing participation of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa in the ceremony.