Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa Tuesday sacked K P Munusamy within an hour of inducting him into the cabinet.
Munusamy, who took oath as labour minister on Tuesday evening along with two others, was also removed from the post of Krishnagiri district secretary and member of disciplinary committee. This, despite his party winning comfortably in Krishnagiri Lok Sabha constituency.
Munusamy’s removal was so abrupt that not even an hour had passed since he took oath and posed happily for photographers at Raj Bhavan, seated beside finance minister O Panneerselvam — the AIADMK man coming closest to the definition of number two in the party.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
For now, the labour portfolio has been given to rural industries minister P Mohan.
Jayalalithaa had sacked three ministers and four party district secretaries on Monday — all of them were from the three constituencies where the party failed to win in the Lok Sabha elections.
The chief minister also brought back a group of officials, most notably Chennai City Police Commissioner S George, who were shunted out by the Election Commission after the model code of conduct came into force.